Tuesday, August 18, 2009

My First Lamp Work Bead Making Class

So I took my first lamp work glass class last Saturday. Can I tell you I am soooo hooked lol! (Thank you Mary for your patience and generosity, you were a great teacher!) I bought the HotHead torch on the spot (thank goodness it was only $40 and hooks right up to the canister of map gas $7.95 at Home Depot) I already have proper venting for my metal work so I was good to go. My teacher was generous enough to send me home with a couple of rods of glass and a couple of mandrels etc to get started so I was playing with glass for the last couple of days. I was also lucky enough to discover that Franz Art Glass is having a sale (60% off!) until the 21st of August. (go check it out I got way more glass than I thought I was going to be able to). So I am eagerly anticipating the arrival of my stuff! I am going to post pictures of my first beads that I made at home so try to hold your laughter. I am still working on getting them round and symmetrical. Some are close, some not so much lol. Also just playing with dots and lines, the basics so to speak.

No comments: