Thursday, May 8, 2008

Artist Review - Imagine Studio

Imagine Studio

Marion has some stunning art. The first time I saw her avatar I knew I had to see more. This is another wonderful find through my forays into the forums on etsy. Canadian native LyseI am going to lift a paragraph out of her profile since she describes her techniques much better than I ever could.
"Through more than 30 years, my one constant expression in art has been Collage, and for the past five years I have been working on transferring this art form into the digital world. Layers upon layers of thoughts, emotions and research have been turned into transparencies, textures, colours, depth, emotions, portraitures, etc. This virtual digital world of seemingly endless possibilities has given me a new take on my artwork, allowing me to pursue even further my undying need to produce lyrical, evocative and sometimes provocative images."
I love the fact that she is using the advances in technology to further explore and create her art. Which is awesome! I am very drawn to the images in her artwork and she is on my list of people I want to buy from lol! Many pieces of her art make me feel as if the person in the artwork is wearing their imagination in all of its glorious color and texture on their skin. On the outside instead of the inside so to speak. I am looking forward to seeing more from this artist and highly recommend a look at her shop.

1 comment:

Melody Lea Lamb said...

WOW!! What stunning work, thank you for sharing it.
~Melody
www.melodylealamb.com
www.miniatureanimalart.com