Sunday, May 30, 2010

Beware Rant Ahead!

I have to say I am sincerely pissed off. I am pretty hard to piss off (although I would bet my husband might disagree lol). So, I work for a car insurance company. For the most part I like my job, I have a great boss and I like my co worker too. Everyone pretty much gets along and its all good. I have always felt that our company did a good job on handling claims and were fair and equitable. My daughter had a car accident on the 14th of May. She was at an intersection with a 2 way stop. She had the stop sign. Both her and her girlfriend looked (because she is a new driver and both of them are very cautious) before proceeding through the intersection. She got halfway through it when the other person hit her. Now, my daughter got the ticket as there were no witnesses. However, the person who hit her was driving with a suspended license (and yes, she got a ticket too). My body shop guy told me (although he wouldn't verify with my company) that she had to have been doing 35 to 40 miles per hour when she hit my daughter. So how do you get up to 35 miles and hour when you have a stop sign a block away? Why are you driving a car to begin with? And she never even hit the brakes, the only skid marks are my daughters. Can you do $4000 worth of damage to a car and total your own doing 25 mph? So any way my insurance company is going to be paying for her damages as well as mine. And my daughter will be penalized for something that wasn't her fault. And the person who broke the law will be rewarded. I am so disappointed in my insurance company. If you are wondering why your insurance rates are so high, this is one of the reasons.

No comments: