Thursday, September 11, 2008

Another Great Esty Artist Find

Yes I know I have been on it this week lol! Hope I can keep up the momentum. Here is an awesome etsy artist who as far as I can tell has totally unique items for people who sew. Her shop is LoveLaurie and you can find her here. These
needle threaders, pin cushions and seem rippers are so fun and funky even if you don't sew you may want to start just so you have an excuse to have one lol! And by the way these would make excellent gifts for friends and family. And in case you don't think about it, needle threaders are useful for people who make beaded jewerly since a lot of that involves needle and thread. All of her designs are original and can you believe they are made from polymer clay!?! So cool.

Looks Good Enough To Eat!!----->

Here is what Laurie has to say about why she started this whole thing.

How The Sewl Mates were born:
One night while my husband and I were out with friends, I happened to mention that I love to sew and craft. They all looked very surprised, and one of them said, “Really? You don’t seem like the type.” This started me thinking, is there really a”type?” If so, I couldn’t put my finger on it. My family, for example, consists of stay at home moms and women with various careers who sew, craft, and scrapbook. An RN and a PHD who are very talented quilters, a businessman who is a woodworker, an engineer who loves to needlepoint…… I could go on and on. I was thinking about this while putting pins into the dress form pincushion that I had recently made, and the Idea for The Sewl Mates was born. Each one is inspired by a special person in my life, and I hope you will cherish her as much as I do. Can't find your SewlMate? Not to worry, just convo me and together we will create one just for you!

As you can see by the photos these are definitely a unique product. I think this is a must have for anyone who is looking to make sewing a little bit more fun. I know that I smile everytime I see the items in her shop.

No comments: