Friday, September 23, 2011

Some Of My Favorite Glass

I just wanted to give a quick shout out to one of my favorite glass suppliers.

Devardi glass has a huge range of yummy colors to work with, along with a long list of other goodies like presses, all different kinds of mandrel sizes and some fun cab mandrels.

Loads of frit in single colors (which I really like because, I like to mix my own but I don't always want to MAKE my own if you know what I mean!).

They also carry dichro strips and a bunch of other specialty glass with some silver, gold and copper frit, oh, and silver foil, and, and, and just a lot of good stuff lol!

They have a great rod warmer which is extremely helpful in keeping glass from shattering when introducing it to the flame (especially in the winter when I am torching in my basement with the window open!). I use mine year round though and pre warm all of my glass, there are some persnickity colors out there in all the brands of glass out there.
Pixie Dust --->

They also have a ton of great videos on their site to help out those of you
who are just starting or for those of you who just want to find out more about this glass. They are also great for just picking up some general knowledge about lampworking.

Oh, I almost forgot to mention how good their prices are! And they have some of the best customer service I have ever come across.

So, if you have any interest at all in lampworking or just want to try out some cool stuff drop by their website and check it out. You can also come chat with those of us who really like this glass HERE at these forums

No comments: